- Prior -0.5%; revised to -0.8%
- Retail sales -5.8% vs -5.3% y/y expected
- Prior -4.7%
- Retail sales ex fuel +0.4% vs -0.4% m/m expected
- Prior -0.7%; revised to -1.0%
- Retail sales ex fuel -5.9% vs -6.3% y/y expected
- Prior -5.7%
Retail sales volumes declined yet again in June but less than expected with the details showing that non-store retailing saw sales volumes fall by 3.7%, automotive fuel sales volumes declining by 4.3% and non-food stores sales volumes dropping by 0.7% on the month. This was offset by a rise in food sales volumes by 3.1% with retailers noting that increased sales were due to the Queen’s Jubilee celebrations.
Despite the negative trend, retail sales are still 2.2% above the pre-pandemic i.e. February 2020 levels but are down on an annual basis as noted by the figures above.